Dear
seasonsofdrabbles Drabbler,
Thank you so much for writing for me or thinking of doing so! I adore shortfic and can’t wait to read what you cook up.
As may be obvious, I’m in my Ryan Gosling era. It’s mostly the fault of Project Hail Mary, and I’ve been having the time of my life working my way through RG’s filmography since. (I only have five films left to watch at time of writing!) The canons I’ve requested below are some of my favourites so far through my movie marathon that won't leave my head. I will appreciate anything you want to write for these canons, but I’ve included a lot of waffle, prompts, and ideas below should they be useful to you. Most of it is probably out of scope for a drabble, so feel free to pick out any bitesize bits that interest you.
Treats are also very welcome and appreciated.
***SFW likes: hurt/comfort, whump, fainting, vomiting from shock/trauma, physical protection/shielding another with your body, panic attacks, unhealthy coping mechanisms, sutures, jealousy, possessive behaviour, touch starved characters, 5+1 things, time loops, Groundhog Day AUs, missing scenes, carrying, hair (touching, stroking, brushing, washing, tugging, etc.), angst, canon divergent AUs
***NSFW likes: erectile dysfunction, extreme wetness (copious amounts of come/pre-come, dripping wet pussy, etc.), armpit kink, pubic/body hair especially with female characters, omorashi, piss in general, creampie, breeding kink, mutual masturbation, masturbation with an audience, emeto (prefer the act and vulnerability of it over the vomit itself), honour bondage, food (stuffing, hand feeding, spoon feeding, force feeding)
***Do Not Wants: amputation, crossovers, trans headcanons, scat, non-con (dub-con welcome - and feel free to ignore this DNW for Only God Forgives), first person POV, second person POV, readerfic, genderswaps, poetry, setting-change AUs (e.g., coffee shop), soulmate AUs, more than two fingers used during fingering
Drive (2011)
Driver
This was the first Ryan Gosling film I watched after Project Hail Mary ate my brain and I’m so glad because my god, it was the perfect introduction to the slate of submissive yet violent men he plays brilliantly. I adore the Driver as a character and would love to read about him doing just about anything in drabble form!
Some ideas:
Lars and the Real Girl (2007)
Lars Lindstrom
This film grabbed my heart and won’t let go. The way the whole town comes together to help Lars with his very unusual issue is so touching, and I adore how he was treated with kindness and understanding by everyone. I’d love anything that matches the film’s softness but also warmly welcome things that go to darker places than canon did.
For example, Lars’s touch aversion. It is absolutely fascinating to me, and I rewound the part where the doctor tests touch on his forearm so many times because ahhh, wow. I’d love anything about Lars’s issue with touch, whether it’s situations where he’s forced to face it (like further doctor visits) or ones where people’s understanding allows him to work around it in a way that puts his comfort first. Perhaps an exploration of ways Lars tries (and succeeds/fails?) to avoid touch, panic attacks brought on by touch (immediately or repressed until later,) more non-physical sessions with the doctor that hint at where his aversion might’ve stemmed from (feel free to go down the child abuse route which seems popular fanon but I’m also really curious about what loneliness/isolation and survivor's guilt can do to a child,) or even people or places he’s okay to touch or be touched by that allow him a semblance of physical contact he’s good with (maybe Karin’s belly? aww.)
Lars’s fear of childbirth really got its hooks into me too. I’d love something set immediately after or even during Karin’s labour and how Lars deals with it. I’ve pondered him needing to be sedated for it (maybe he’s in the same hospital!) or for another delusion to appear around that time to help him cope. I’d prefer lighter details about the actual birth as I’m more interested in Lars’ reaction to it – even if he’s in the room at the time somehow, I’d prefer focus on Lars. Also, please, please, please can Karin and the baby be okay!
When Lars ordered Bianca online, did he believe he was buying a real woman? I liked how they showed the website in the film, giving all the sex dolls backstories and mini trailers. It would be fascinating to read about Lars’ thought process when he was going through the site.
Other ideas:
Julian Thompson, Crystal Thompson
Whoa. This film?! What an experience. I love how the long takes with Julian give you time to sit and stew with his character, read into his micro expressions, and reel about what the heck is going on behind those sad, beaten puppy eyes.
I’m darkly fascinated by Julian’s relationship with his mother. Well, his submissive conditioning and abusive past and present with his mother. Crystal is effortlessly terrifying (I found myself holding my breath during her scenes) and I find it amazing how well they portrayed the years of abuse Julian’s gone through under her thumb/heel/legacy in so few interactions.
I’d love anything about them, and here are some very dark ideas:
DNW exceptions: amputation is a big part of this film and Julian’s character, so it can certainly be mentioned, but please don’t include any graphic descriptions of the act or the immediate aftermath of it. Basically, please either keep Julian’s hands intact or have him long healed physically (not necessarily mentally though!) Feel free to beat the shit out of him otherwise - that’s delicious. Also, do feel free to ignore my non-con DNW for this fandom.
Murder by Numbers (2002)
Richard Haywood, Justin Pendleton
Wow, these two are so messed up!! /affectionate but said through gritted teeth
I love how Richard’s obsession with Justin is there for all to see, no subtext required. (They remind me of Phillip and Brandon from Rope, omg.) His jealousy, confessions, declarations, and let’s face it, manipulative seduction all seem weirdly reasonable too, in the face of, you know, it not being as bad as murder. They’ve bonded over the worst thing they possibly could do together, so why not be totally batshit about each other now?
If there’s some canon divergence going on, the idea of Richard wanting to get away with murder again and again with Justin to deepen their bond is very interesting to me. Was it always folie à deux with them, even before Justin’s paper presentation about crime, or was that just Justin trying to give Richard a boner in class, lol. An exploration of how this all started between the cool kid and the weird kid would be awesome. I’d love Richard having a corruption kink too, slowly peeling Justin’s goodness away and getting off on it. (Also explains why he seemed so turned on when Justin punched him! I’d love something set around that scene too.)
I’m a huge fan of fictional characters being extremely jealous/possessive about the object of their affection, so Richard’s reaction to Justin and Lisa was like catnip to me. I’d love more of that please. Richard proving he’s better for Justin. Richard wanting to kiss Justin everywhere Lisa did so he can claim those places on Justin’s body. (If Justin gets wind of this, telling Richard that she totally blew him, hah.)
The poster/shrine of their faces combined, though? What the hell XD I’d love something exploring how that came about and what it meant to them when they were planning everything. Were they hoping to become one person, two souls forever joined? Did they get high and tactile at the bluff and decide they would be better that way?
Speaking of planning, I’d love something that explores how planning the murder was like foreplay and it isn’t until Justin is choking Olivia that things finally explode right there in the murder room. (Another reason for Justin to be worried about the potential videotape, eh? :P) Richard being obsessed with Justin’s hands, wanting to hear every detail of how it felt while he’s underneath him, Justin feeling powerful enough to manhandle the school’s pretty boy who wasn’t tough enough to seal the deal sending Richard’s corruption kink into overdrive? Yes please!
How about them roleplaying murder with each other when there’s too much heat for them to try to kill again, with Richard wanting to be Justin’s victim. Maybe it’s “practice” at first, Justin touching Richard while he’s all sealed up in the hazmat suit, until there’s too much DNA involved if you catch my drift, heh.
Oh goodness, I’ve rambled enough about these two. I hope you find something inspiring in all that!
Thank you so much for writing for me or thinking of doing so! I adore shortfic and can’t wait to read what you cook up.
As may be obvious, I’m in my Ryan Gosling era. It’s mostly the fault of Project Hail Mary, and I’ve been having the time of my life working my way through RG’s filmography since. (I only have five films left to watch at time of writing!) The canons I’ve requested below are some of my favourites so far through my movie marathon that won't leave my head. I will appreciate anything you want to write for these canons, but I’ve included a lot of waffle, prompts, and ideas below should they be useful to you. Most of it is probably out of scope for a drabble, so feel free to pick out any bitesize bits that interest you.
Treats are also very welcome and appreciated.
***SFW likes: hurt/comfort, whump, fainting, vomiting from shock/trauma, physical protection/shielding another with your body, panic attacks, unhealthy coping mechanisms, sutures, jealousy, possessive behaviour, touch starved characters, 5+1 things, time loops, Groundhog Day AUs, missing scenes, carrying, hair (touching, stroking, brushing, washing, tugging, etc.), angst, canon divergent AUs
***NSFW likes: erectile dysfunction, extreme wetness (copious amounts of come/pre-come, dripping wet pussy, etc.), armpit kink, pubic/body hair especially with female characters, omorashi, piss in general, creampie, breeding kink, mutual masturbation, masturbation with an audience, emeto (prefer the act and vulnerability of it over the vomit itself), honour bondage, food (stuffing, hand feeding, spoon feeding, force feeding)
***Do Not Wants: amputation, crossovers, trans headcanons, scat, non-con (dub-con welcome - and feel free to ignore this DNW for Only God Forgives), first person POV, second person POV, readerfic, genderswaps, poetry, setting-change AUs (e.g., coffee shop), soulmate AUs, more than two fingers used during fingering
Drive (2011)
Driver
This was the first Ryan Gosling film I watched after Project Hail Mary ate my brain and I’m so glad because my god, it was the perfect introduction to the slate of submissive yet violent men he plays brilliantly. I adore the Driver as a character and would love to read about him doing just about anything in drabble form!
Some ideas:
- Driver obsessing over parts of his car Irene touched. The slight mould of her body in the leather, the smears of her fingertips on the passenger window, a blonde hair left behind, etc.
- Driver’s selective mutism and how Irene interacts with it. Standard too could be interesting, as a contrast, forcing him to speak, to elaborate, while Irene allows him time and never hurries him, seems to read him without words.
- Cucked Driver watching Standard fuck Irene. I like the idea of this being permitted by Standard once he realises (or at least believes) Driver is no threat to his relationship but still being a tense time for all three, especially if Irene can’t keep her eyes off the man who isn’t her husband. Alternatively, Standard fucking Driver while Irene watches would be absolutely peak.
- Erectile dysfunction (my beloved) somehow being involved, especially if neither Driver nor Irene care about it or Irene soothes Driver about it if he’s embarrassed. Alternatively, Irene having a sexual dysfunction of some kind and Driver working with it, maybe not even knowing any different.
- Anything about the kiss in the elevator. My goodness.
- Driver physically shielding Irene (and/or Standard, and/or Benicio) from harm.
- Hurt/comfort with Irene helping patch Driver up. Emotional hurt/comfort also great, especially if she doesn't even know what's wrong but soothes him regardless.
- Immediately post-canon. Driver bleeding out while he drives, glad to die behind the wheel. Drench that man in blood please. (I’ve read some cool speculation about him dying before he drives off and the drive we see being the afterlife. If he gets to have one last “drive” before passing away, what does he do and where does he go? If he goes to look over Irene one last time, does she feel his presence?)
Lars and the Real Girl (2007)
Lars Lindstrom
This film grabbed my heart and won’t let go. The way the whole town comes together to help Lars with his very unusual issue is so touching, and I adore how he was treated with kindness and understanding by everyone. I’d love anything that matches the film’s softness but also warmly welcome things that go to darker places than canon did.
For example, Lars’s touch aversion. It is absolutely fascinating to me, and I rewound the part where the doctor tests touch on his forearm so many times because ahhh, wow. I’d love anything about Lars’s issue with touch, whether it’s situations where he’s forced to face it (like further doctor visits) or ones where people’s understanding allows him to work around it in a way that puts his comfort first. Perhaps an exploration of ways Lars tries (and succeeds/fails?) to avoid touch, panic attacks brought on by touch (immediately or repressed until later,) more non-physical sessions with the doctor that hint at where his aversion might’ve stemmed from (feel free to go down the child abuse route which seems popular fanon but I’m also really curious about what loneliness/isolation and survivor's guilt can do to a child,) or even people or places he’s okay to touch or be touched by that allow him a semblance of physical contact he’s good with (maybe Karin’s belly? aww.)
Lars’s fear of childbirth really got its hooks into me too. I’d love something set immediately after or even during Karin’s labour and how Lars deals with it. I’ve pondered him needing to be sedated for it (maybe he’s in the same hospital!) or for another delusion to appear around that time to help him cope. I’d prefer lighter details about the actual birth as I’m more interested in Lars’ reaction to it – even if he’s in the room at the time somehow, I’d prefer focus on Lars. Also, please, please, please can Karin and the baby be okay!
When Lars ordered Bianca online, did he believe he was buying a real woman? I liked how they showed the website in the film, giving all the sex dolls backstories and mini trailers. It would be fascinating to read about Lars’ thought process when he was going through the site.
Other ideas:
- Post-canon where Lars realises Bianca wasn’t real could be fascinating. I’d love to see how he’d handle that.
- Bianca’s POV could be an interesting format. I don’t even know how that would work but feel free to play around with it if you have an idea! Fed through Lars, as the ultimate unreliable narrator? Idk, go nuts.
- Why is Lars drawn to the pink long underwear (besides it being a layer against touch?)
- Focus on Lars’ blanket. It’s so special that he let Karin borrow it at the beginning of the film. Are there other objects Lars has that were his mother’s or is this all that remains? How has it comforted him in the past? How might he react if it was (temporarily) taken from him or lost?
- Lars’ sensitivity to sound, oh my goodness. Those moments where he appeared in pain from music/loud chatter made me want to reach into the screen and hug him. I’d seriously love anything about that from a mention to a whole fic about it!
Julian Thompson, Crystal Thompson
Whoa. This film?! What an experience. I love how the long takes with Julian give you time to sit and stew with his character, read into his micro expressions, and reel about what the heck is going on behind those sad, beaten puppy eyes.
I’m darkly fascinated by Julian’s relationship with his mother. Well, his submissive conditioning and abusive past and present with his mother. Crystal is effortlessly terrifying (I found myself holding my breath during her scenes) and I find it amazing how well they portrayed the years of abuse Julian’s gone through under her thumb/heel/legacy in so few interactions.
I’d love anything about them, and here are some very dark ideas:
- More of Crystal belittling the size of Julian’s cock. In fact, anything related to Julian’s erectile dysfunction will thrill me.
- A parallel between Julian ordering Mai to take off her dress and similar demands of him from his mother.
- After Julian kills his father, Crystal makes him have sex with her about it. Does Julian still have his father’s blood on his hands?
- What might have happened in the past if Julian dared disobey his mother? Alternatively, times he almost disobeyed her but was too conditioned to go through with it.
- Crystal drugging Julian for nefarious purposes. Could be to incapacitate him or other drugs like Viagra or those she’s selling. Drugging him without his knowledge, force-feeding him, getting him to take them “willingly”. Would also be super interesting if he’s gotten good at pretending to swallow pills, then acts like he’s experiencing the effects so he has some teensy bit of control over the situation.
- Something about Julian’s fake dinner date with Mai. What was he expecting would happen? Perhaps Crystal’s POV of that scene.
- Julian fantasising about killing his mother or at least putting his boxing skills to good use.
DNW exceptions: amputation is a big part of this film and Julian’s character, so it can certainly be mentioned, but please don’t include any graphic descriptions of the act or the immediate aftermath of it. Basically, please either keep Julian’s hands intact or have him long healed physically (not necessarily mentally though!) Feel free to beat the shit out of him otherwise - that’s delicious. Also, do feel free to ignore my non-con DNW for this fandom.
Murder by Numbers (2002)
Richard Haywood, Justin Pendleton
Wow, these two are so messed up!! /affectionate but said through gritted teeth
I love how Richard’s obsession with Justin is there for all to see, no subtext required. (They remind me of Phillip and Brandon from Rope, omg.) His jealousy, confessions, declarations, and let’s face it, manipulative seduction all seem weirdly reasonable too, in the face of, you know, it not being as bad as murder. They’ve bonded over the worst thing they possibly could do together, so why not be totally batshit about each other now?
If there’s some canon divergence going on, the idea of Richard wanting to get away with murder again and again with Justin to deepen their bond is very interesting to me. Was it always folie à deux with them, even before Justin’s paper presentation about crime, or was that just Justin trying to give Richard a boner in class, lol. An exploration of how this all started between the cool kid and the weird kid would be awesome. I’d love Richard having a corruption kink too, slowly peeling Justin’s goodness away and getting off on it. (Also explains why he seemed so turned on when Justin punched him! I’d love something set around that scene too.)
I’m a huge fan of fictional characters being extremely jealous/possessive about the object of their affection, so Richard’s reaction to Justin and Lisa was like catnip to me. I’d love more of that please. Richard proving he’s better for Justin. Richard wanting to kiss Justin everywhere Lisa did so he can claim those places on Justin’s body. (If Justin gets wind of this, telling Richard that she totally blew him, hah.)
The poster/shrine of their faces combined, though? What the hell XD I’d love something exploring how that came about and what it meant to them when they were planning everything. Were they hoping to become one person, two souls forever joined? Did they get high and tactile at the bluff and decide they would be better that way?
Speaking of planning, I’d love something that explores how planning the murder was like foreplay and it isn’t until Justin is choking Olivia that things finally explode right there in the murder room. (Another reason for Justin to be worried about the potential videotape, eh? :P) Richard being obsessed with Justin’s hands, wanting to hear every detail of how it felt while he’s underneath him, Justin feeling powerful enough to manhandle the school’s pretty boy who wasn’t tough enough to seal the deal sending Richard’s corruption kink into overdrive? Yes please!
How about them roleplaying murder with each other when there’s too much heat for them to try to kill again, with Richard wanting to be Justin’s victim. Maybe it’s “practice” at first, Justin touching Richard while he’s all sealed up in the hazmat suit, until there’s too much DNA involved if you catch my drift, heh.
Oh goodness, I’ve rambled enough about these two. I hope you find something inspiring in all that!
Non Drabble Gift
Date: 2026-09-03 02:40 am (UTC)I was wondering if you would accept it as a gift/treat outside of Seasons of Drabbles? I am Morike91 on AO3. I plan to post it whether you accept it as a gift or not. But since your letter inspired it, I wanted to honor that.
Cheers!
morike
P.S. Project Hail Mary has also eaten my brain.
Re: Non Drabble Gift
Date: 2026-09-03 10:21 am (UTC)Did you also watch Drive after enjoying PHM? ^^
Re: Non Drabble Gift
Date: 2026-09-04 04:47 am (UTC)the place where his words go
I also watched Drive after watching PHM! Watched a bunch of Ryan Gosling movies, actually. He's so charismatic on screen! I want every scene to be him stealing the show.
I didn't expect to like Drive because I thought of it as the action movie pretentious film dudes cite as their favorite, and they also cited The Place Beyond the Pines as an underrated classic which I was only so-so on. So it was my surprise when Drive had me by the hooks at its opening car chase! Less a chase and more a cat-and-mouse maneuver with absolutely zero background music. Just radio dialogue and driving. I didn't fall in love until the shot of Driver carrying Irene's groceries in the elevator, winning a staring contest with Benicio and smiling. Smiling! At a kid! Our stoic hero is capable of expression!
Also bonus Oscar Isaac in one of his earliest roles. Two great actors who deserved more time together on screen. I wish we got to see more of them (but I guess that's why there's fanfiction).
Re: Non Drabble Gift
Date: 2026-10-13 11:48 am (UTC)Of the Ryan Gosling movies you've watched since, which are your favourites? :)
"He's so charismatic on screen! I want every scene to be him stealing the show." He really is, omg ✨ Also agreed on The Place Beyond the Pines. Throughout my RG marathon I was always surprised by how little my tastes aligned with his film's iMDb ratings XD
I didn't know about Drive being a pretentious dude film before I watched, and I think that really helped. I thought the music was kind of cheesy at first (/affectionate) and was setting things up to be similarly cheesy in themes, then it was just... wow. It's so well directed and acted, the gore level was just the right kind of horrifying that gets to me in how real it feels, and it was the perfect introduction to RG's quiet, subtle acting style that has me captivated the whole time (such as in Only God Forgives, which I loved.)
Oscar Isaac was brilliant too. He was so intimidating and I loved the contrast between his character and the driver's. Thank goodness for fanfic, indeed! :D